Ok, so if you heard Jay's Sports Corner this week you heard me along with a "co-host" of sorts. That was Steve a friend of mine and he just graduated from college this year with a bachlor's in Sports Management. So, the good friend I am I thought I'd put him on air and see if he liked it and more importantly, to see if you the listeners liked it. So, send me some feedback.
So, if you did hear it I said I was gonna talk about a bunch of things. For example...Here's a little message I'd like to send to ESPN: PLEASE GET OFF OF BRETT FARVE! He's gonna come back and play for the Vikings. It's quite obvious that he will other why's he wouldnt go on TV and refer to the Vikings as "we" or even go on TV. Farve is enjoying all the attention and why shouldnt he. Farve has an ego...as much as some of us hardcore Farve fans feel about him but, its true. Why not just come out and say. Yes I wanna play for the Vikings or no I enjoy being with my family and I want to stay retired. It's a soap opera that I want to just end! Your thoughts???
Next, Gotta pat myself on the back...sort of. I said the Pens would win the cup....they did. The only problem was they did it in 7 games when I said it would only take 6 games BUT, then I said the Lakers would win their 15th NBA title and it would take 7 games. It actually took them 5 games. In a series where they were clearing the better team and to be surprised it could of been a total domnation from LA if they had showed up and played in game 3. So, I picked both winners in the there respected sports. I just got off the phone with Hollywood and they wanna do a movie on my now like that Brandon Lang guy. They wanna call it: "Better Lucky then Good" Gilbert Godfrey will be playing my role!
ESPN has been asking the question who is the better coach: Red Auerbach or Phil Jackson and also who's the better NBA franchise: Boston Celtics or LA Lakers. Now, I'm not gonna pretend that this debate really matters becuase they are both (coaches and franchises) are the tops but if we wanna have this arguement we can. Celtics have if I have this right 17 titles while the Lakers only have 15 (I say "only" like its a terrible thing) but here's the thing about titles back in the old days. How many teams were there? 8, 10, 16? It's kinda the same arguement when I have to hear about how many titles the yankees have won. 26 titles (not world championships) is impressive but there werent no where near the amount of teams in the league then as there is now. So, I kinda dont hold past titles as that important. Your thoughts?
As far as coaching goes I have to give the edge to Phil and not because he's won 1 more title then Red has but, because of the age I've watched basketball. I've seen Phil coach the greatest player in NBA history in Michael Jordan and one of the most domanate players in the game during his prime in Shaq also with the best pure scorer in the game in Kobe Bryant. Now, I know what your thinking. It's real hard to win when you have those players on your team. Your right...it isnt that hard but, when the Lakers won their last title (before this one) after they won they crashed...and hard. Shaq left and the team went straight down. They werent making playoffs and Kobe couldnt get his guys to play around him. Then, something happened. They started playing like a team, made a few roster moves, and bought into the Phil Jackson triangle offense system and next thing you know they were one game away from winning the title last year along with the one they easily one this year. Someone please give me a good point as to why Red was a much better coach. I'd really like to hear it.
Leave some comments and let me know what you guys are thinking out there. Also, if you have something you want me to talk about in a future Jay's Sports Corner please let me know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment